- The Newest URL for The Hlog
- Hlas Column on Jake Kelly Departing Hawkeyes Basketball Program
- Minnesota Football Coach Tim Brewster is FIRED UP!
- Ames and Iowa City are the Lands of Milk and Honey, Hope and Dreams
- Larry Eustachy Compares Himself to AIG – But Makes an Un-AIG Move
- Vote for Your “Favorite” Recession Photo
- Kurt Looby is Tearing Up the NBA D-League
- POLL on Brent Metcalf’s Post-Match Actions
- Iowa’s Brent Metcalf Doesn’t Surrender NCAA Title Without One Last Shot
- Former Hawkeye WR Clinton Solomon Has Huge Night Friday
- Big Ten Insider
- Black Heart Gold Pants
- Bob Bruce Radio Experience on WMT-AM
- ESPN’s Big Ten Blog
- Jeff Johnson’s Diamonds and Ice
- K.J. Pilcher’s Crossface Chronicles
- Linder on Preps
- Marc Morehouse’s On Iowa
- Scott Dochterman — Doc’s Office
- The Beanwalker
- The March to Madness
- The Wizard of Odds
- Twitter (follow Hlas, among others)
- Zach Johnson Tracker
Oh dear. Oh no. Oh brother.
Pick your reaction or reactions, Hawkeye basketball fans. They all fit. When your best player is transferring out — and you could argue this is the third-straight year it’s happening if you were a Tony Freeman fan — you have a program that’s running on ice.
For the rest of this post, go to the Hlog’s new home at the URL listed above. (It’s http://hlog.iowa.com) Thanks for bookmarking it and using it in the future.
First and foremost, the Hlog got wind of Minnesota football coach Tim Brewster’s Twitter feed and Web site from our friends at http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com
Now, those gentlemen occasionally work a bit blue and once in a great while step over the line with a toe or two. OK, they do so every day, with all 10 toes in a synchronized stomp on what some prudes commonly call “good taste.” Continue reading
If you’re like me, you run from news stories that use the word “unemployment.” How many times can you hear or see the wordit, even if you’re one of the lucky ones to still be employed?
Well, here’s some good news:
Two of the 10 U.S. metropolitan areas with the lowest unemployment rates in January were Ames and Iowa City, according to the U.S. Labor Department. Continue reading
It hasn’t been an altogether-successful ride for Larry Eustachy as the men’s basketball coach at Southern Mississippi, but the folks in Hattiesburg can’t say Eustachy is tone-deaf.
While Connecticut’s Jim Calhoun defiantly said “Not a dime back” when asked if he’d peel off any of the king’s ransom of a salary he makes to give it back to his cash-strapped state, Eustachy is refusing a $25,000 bonus owed to him because of an attendance incentive in his contract. Continue reading
This is 1/35th of what I think is an amazing collection of recession-related photos from around the world.
They were recently posted on the Boston Globe’s site, www.boston.com. Most of the photos were shot within the last month.
Photo No. 30 hurts me, a newspaper guy since I was three months old, as much as any. I’m guessing you can find a couple (or 35) that get to you.
Share your thoughts about any or all of the photos in the comments box. In fact, share your thoughts about anything.
Frankly, I never pictured Kurt Looby as an NBA prospect when he played at Iowa. I didn’t even picture him as an NBA D-League prospect.